Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Yesterday, I felt like Alexander in the children's book. I was so grumpy, irritable, grouchy, angry, frustrated, etc. I made it through the day but I was not fun to be around. I am not sure why it happened. Here are some thoughts I had on it today for reasons why
- scales were up due to water retention (281.5)
- pity party that I couldn't eat what I wanted
- hadn't spent time with the Lord
- didn't have any yummy Dukan food in the house
- body adjusting to this new way of life and it's rebelling
- haven't started exercising yet.
Well, I think that it was probably a combination of all of the above. Most of which I can control. I think the main problem is the scale. When it goes down it is easy to stick to the diet and I do so gladly but when it moves in the wrong direction I am like a two year old having a temper tantrum. I guess I should stay off the scale or learn to control my emotions when the results aren't in my favor. Today it said 277.5 which shows that it was water retention and I did lose weight over the weekend. Do I dare get on the scale tomorrow??

No comments:

Post a Comment