Monday, June 6, 2011

I had ice cream for dinner!!! (and I didnt' cheat)

Today is the end of 6 weeks on the Dukan Diet. I am really liking the program. I am starting to think that I WILL be able to stick with it for a year to get off all the weight. As of today I have lost 26 lbs. To celebrate I ate ice cream for dinner! It was totally legal on this program. I made it out of non-fat milk, egg yolks and stevia. The neighbor was nice enough to loan me her Cuisinart ice cream maker. I NEED to go buy one now. I can envision me having a different bowl of ice cream every day. I just ordered some flavoring and now I can't wait for them to get here to make flavored ice cream. So YUMMY!!!

Over the weekend I had my first real challenge. The neighbor invited us over to have homemade egg rolls for dinner. Egg rolls are my absolute favorite food and she does the best ones ever. I wanted to decline the invitation but that wouldn't have been fair to my family and friendship isn't just about food. I then remembered 1 Corinthians 10 :13 "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." The way of escape He gave me was remembering what egg rolls are made of - chicken, cabbage, onions, carrots, and wrappers. Well, I could have all that except the wrapper. I asked my friend to please leave me a scoop of just the "guts" and I ate that and enjoyed it immensely and I didn't have to cheat! Praise the Lord for a way out of the temptation. The best thing was I was rewarded for my obedience and the scales were down a pound the next morning. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment