Monday, June 6, 2011

Oat bran muffins recipe - YUM!!!

I found this to be an absolutely yummy way to use your oat bran. I feel like I am cheating when I eat them. That could be because I was 5 weeks into this diet before I first discovered them and I had already forgot what real carbs taste like!

6 Tbls. oat bran
1 tsp. baking powder
sweetener (I use two packs Truvia or splenda drops)
5 Tbls. yogurt
2 eggs
Mix dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and stir well. Add one of the extras if desired.
Pour into Pam sprayed paper liners in a cupcake pan. I usually make 6-9 depending on size. 1/3 of the number you make is your serving size for the day. Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes

Extras:
2 tsp. low fat, sugar free cocoa powder
Cinnamon
Extracts
On PV days grated zucchini and cinnamon or grated carrots
Or anything else you can think of!

After baking I take some fat free cream cheese and mix a Truvia pack in it and spread this in the middle of the muffin. Delicious! If you try this let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment