Monday, October 24, 2011

Week 26 - Wow, that's a long time!

So, I guess I have been on the Dukan Diet for six months now. That seems so amazing. It seems like I was just telling my family that I was going to try this crazy diet for a month and now it's been six months. As of today, I am down 70 pounds. I was 231 this morning and had lost another 3 pounds. That is the most I have lost in awhile so maybe the apple did the trick, or maybe not.. I now know that it probably didn't hurt me. I will probably have a piece of fruit once a month just because I think it is healthy for the body and it didn't give me any negative side effects.

In six months
*I have lost 70 pounds (2 3/4 lbs a week)
*Gone down 4 sizes in clothing
*Gotten off one high blood pressure pill
*Lowered my cholesterol
*Have more energy
*Have better self-esteem
*Been able to do things easier and better

Has it been worth it? I have had to say no to a lot of the foods I would like to eat. But as of today I am not upset about not having them. I don't even remember everything I said no to. At the time it was hard, but so very worth it. I can't wait to be normal weight and God willing, I will have a much longer, healthier life to enjoy my family with.

Looking forward to the next six months.

No comments:

Post a Comment